Home Immigration What is the easiest way to immigrate to the USA?

What is the easiest way to immigrate to the USA?

Looking to move to the U.S. this year? You have a good opportunity to immigrate, live, study, and work in the U.S. if you follow the ways listed on this page. To move permanently to the U.S. is not easy. You are required to obtain a green card of which you need to meet several requirements and also pay significant sums of money to achieve your aim.

Not everyone meets the requirements to relocate to the U.S. permanently, but there is still a chance you can become a temporary resident if you’re coming in as a student, temporary skilled worker, or a visitor.

Being a permanent resident or a green card holder means that you can stay in the U.S. and enjoy as much freedom as would a U.S. citizen and for a longer period as well. With a temporary visa, you are only allowed to stay for a short time, although you may still be eligible for a renewal depending on the type of visa.

We have listed the ways you can move to the U.S. to either become a permanent or temporary resident in the country. Please ensure you confirm your eligibility to know which type of visa you should be applying for to avoid visa rejection or delays.  So, you will likely be eligible to apply for a permanent resident visa if you meet the requirement for the following type of green card

Types of U.S. Green Card Visa Option

  1. Family-based green cards
  2. Employment-based green cards
  3. Humanitarian green cards
  4. Diversity lottery green cards
  5. Longtime-resident green cards

Family-based green cards

Family members who are wishing to move permanently to the U.S. will have to use this type of visa. You are eligible to receive a green card under this category if you have a family member who is a green card holder or a U.S. citizen. Family members who can be sponsored to receive green cards under this category include spouses, widows/widowers, children, parents, and siblings.

Employment-based green cards

For many immigrants, the intention is to come to the U.S., secure a good job, and live permanently with a lot of benefits. if that is the case, then you fall under this category. There are different types of sub-categories for the employment-based green cards, the first four called EB-1, EB-2, EB-3, and EB-4 are for skilled immigrants who have a particular skill that employers need in the U.S. Most times you may be eligible to receive invitations from employers in the U.S. The EB-5 green card, however, is for investors or business persons who would invest at least $500,000 to $1million in the country to help create jobs.

Humanitarian green cards

Refugees and asylums are also able to move to the U.S. permanently through Humanitarian green cards. Another group of persons that fall under this category includes victims of human trafficking, abuse, and crime.

Diversity lottery green cards

Not many persons may be aware of the “Green Card Lottery” where the United States government randomly picks up to 50,000 immigrants to receive visas to the country each year.

Longtime-resident green cards

If you have lived in the U.S. from the year 1972 till date, you are more than qualified to become a permanent resident. It does not matter if you are in the country lawfully or not, you will be able to receive a green card if you meet this requirement.

Types of U.S. Green Card Visa Option

As a temporary resident, you may not enjoy a lot of benefits as a permanent resident or citizen, but you have the opportunity to work, visit, or study in one of the most developed and organized countries in the world. Temporary residents can apply under the following categories

Temporary work visas

This visa option is for immigrants who are either applying as skilled workers for a particular job position or are just generally looking to live and work in America. The employment status cannot be permanent and should expire at a certain period after completion.

Student Visa

International students can access education in the U.S. through this visa type. You are required to first secure admission to one of the selected universities in the country.

Visitor Visa

A visitor is bound to leave the country after a short period usually within 90 days window. If you are going to stay longer than 90 days, you will be required to obtain a temporary visa.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here